Farmersville Masonic Lodge No. 214 A. F. & A. M.
152 years of Masonic service in Farmersville.
History tells us that many of the settlers traveling into Texas in the mid 1800's brought Masonry into Farmersville. The Masons served as the educational, social and religious center of many communities during that time.
The Masons gathered for the first time in Farmersville on November 17, 1858. The Lodge was founded by B.R. Haughton and had 17 additional members.
Generally, the Masons met one day once a month, often after a full moon and the meetings would go long into the night.
The original meeting place sat on the land where the First Baptist Church is today. The Lodge grew and funds were raised to build a new Lodge which was located on 101 S. Main Street. The first meeting in this location was held on January 18, 1889. The ceremony concluded with remarks from Grand Senior Warden Orville Lee O'Neill.
The Masons continued their service to the community in the Main Street location until 1966 when Worshipful Master, Jerry Hart and the members of the Lodge layed the first stone in the northeast corner of the new building located at 209 Highway 78.
Thanks to the hard work and dedication of the brethren and the members before us, Farmersville Lodge No. 214 has a dedicated and faithful membership today. Striving to make good men better and to serve this community.